New York Criminal Lawyer
If you have been charged with a criminal offense in New York, one of the best pieces of advice to follow is to immediately retain the assistance of a skilled criminal defense attorney like the legal counsel at Xavier + Associates. Many of these charges can carry a variety of severe penalties. Fortunately, our lawyers understand just how daunting these types of charges can be and will help create strong legal strategies to respond to such charges. Our legal counsel is dedicated to defending individuals who are accused of crimes and committed to providing the best possible legal representation so that clients have the greatest opportunity to reach their best potential results. The legal representation at Xavier + Associates has proven their ability to provide effective counsel and have assisted hundreds of individuals in reaching the best possible conclusion.
Common Criminal Charges Our Firm Helps With
The Division of Criminal Services reports that a large number of crimes occur each year in New York state. When individuals are charged with a criminal offense, one of the best pieces of advice is to immediately retain the assistance of skilled legal counsel. Being convicted of a crime has the great potential to result in penalties that can affect the rest of an individual’s life. Some of the crimes with which Xavier + Associates legal defense can provide representation include the following:
- Assault. If an individual is accused of intentionally and knowingly causing another person harm or physical injury, there is a risk of being charged with assault. Our attorneys are familiar with the various defenses that can be raised in response to such charges.
- Criminal Mischief. Criminal mischief involves intentionally damaging another person’s property. These cases frequently are handled by criminal court but could also result in cases being heard in a civil court. Our legal counsel has helped clients in these situations.
- Drug Crimes. Drug crimes can include manufacturing, selling, or trafficking an illegal substance. If you are charged with this type of crime, our practice can help.
- Internet Crimes. There are a variety of crimes that can be committed on the internet and result in serious charges.
- Sex Crimes. Sexual offenses in the state of New York can result in particularly severe penalties. A seasoned attorney at Anelli Xavier, however, can help respond to these charges.
- Student Crimes. Students who have been charged with crimes often need the assistance of talented legal counsel because being convicted of such an offense can significantly interfere with one’s education and occupational goals.
- Theft Crimes. Theft offenses are classified as either misdemeanors or felonies. The severity of these penalties depend on the amount of the goods an individual stole and whether deadly force was used in the commission of the crime.
I was extremely impressed with Xavier + Associates (formerly Anelli Xavier) and how quickly I was matched with representation. Everything was clearly communicated to me throughout the process and in the end I was satisfied with my result given the situation.
– ANDREW C.
My attorney and his legal team were always there when I needed to ask a question, or talk about what the process was going forward. I was always updated with what the next steps would be and different routes we could take to hopefully make this as painless as possible.
– MARK C.